Thursday, February 12, 2009

Made Chicken Piccata



A couple of days ago on the Food Network Channel, Ina Garten made a terrific-looking Chicken Piccata, so I decided I’d download her recipe and give it a try.

Well, the results were to die for. It was so darn good that I ate the entire recipe. There were no leftovers. I took no prisoners!

I sided the chicken with steamed broccoli, over which I poured some of the piccata sauce (which by the way is a tasty butter-wine-lemon juice reduction). 

A sprig of parsley added the final touch to this dish, and I ate it with a glass of white wine, a rather unassuming 2007 Douglas Hill Chardonnay which I purchased at Stater Bros. Market for under $3.00 a bottle. You can’t beat that deal with a stick.

Anyway, for how quickly this meal can be prepared, I definitely will be doing it again in the very near future. It is definitely providing stiff competition for my Pakistani Chicken entrée.

Well, I think I must get back to finishing off that bottle of Chardonnay. Later!


No comments: