Monday, February 2, 2009

Joined Bonanzle



This afternoon I registered an account with Bonanzle.com. Bonanzle is an eBay alternative. For what it’s worth, I will be giving it a shot in the next few days as far as listing an item for sale.

The recent rash of changes at eBay have precipitated an exodus of many eBay users over to Bonanzle. Bonanzle is certainly simpler to use and has lower fees. The problems that I can see with it, however, are:

(1) Much smaller amount of traffic. Currently there are 26,270 users. Compare that to eBay with 10,000,000 users. However, the membership appears to be growing exponentially. Currently there are over 1 million items listed for sale.

(2) There is (as of yet) no auction format. I would need to pick a fixed price for my artwork and hope to sell it for that.

(3) I just might have a problem selling my nude artwork, especially drawings/paintings of celebrity nudes. But I figure that, at this early stage, I have very little to risk losing.

No comments: